When wheelchair leg rests are removed, the brackets create a sharp edged “hook” that is notorious for generating skin tears. Arms can be at risk for skin tears too, especially if the skin is fragile.
Our skin tear prevention kit comes with the following:
- 2 WHEELCHAIR LEG BOLSTERS - 4" D X 6" LONG
- 2 WHEELCHAIR ARM BOLSTERS - 4" D X 10" LONG
The proper way to protect sensitive legs and arms from skin tears is by bolstering them with a covered, staph-checked, hypo-allergenic, moisture-proof, soft polyurethane foam, such as JDM’s Wheelchair Bolsters.
- Flame Resistant (CA TB 117)
- Fluid Repellent
- Cleanable with mild detergent or soap. Rinse with warm water and wipe clean.
- High Resilience Foam
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (”Tris”) flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)