- 1 Right Leg Compression Cuff
- 1 Left Leg Compression Cuff
- AC Power Adapter and Battery Charger
- User Manual
Product Features & Benefits
- Helps Prevent DVT
- Restores Blood Circulation
- Easy to Apply
- Easy to Operate
- Battery or Power Cord Operated
- USB Port for Downloading Data
- Low-Pressure Indicator
- Battery Indicator
- Electronically Controlled Pump
- Decrease Swelling
- Diminish Pain
- Reduce Wound Healing Time
Key Product Functions
- Compression Device Dimensions: - 2.6 x 5.2 Inch
- Weight: 0.5 lbs.
- Cuff Size: Fits up to 22 Inch Circumference
- Output Mode: Continuous
- Operation Mode: Cyclic
- Pressure Setting: 50 mmHg, not adjustable
- Pressure Tolerance: ±5%
- Cycle Time: 60 seconds
- Power Supply: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz
- Power Output: 10 VDC, 1.1 AMP
- Internal Power Source: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion 7.4 Volt Battery
- Battery Charge Life: 4 to 5 hours
- Batter Recharge: 6 hours
- Stasis Dermatitis
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Arterial Leg Ulcers
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- Reduce Edema in Lower Limbs
- Prophylaxis for Deep Vein Thrombosis
Contraindications for the VenaPro Compression Device include the following conditions: active or untreated deep vein thrombosis, ischemic vascular disease, severe arteriosclerosis, pulmonary edema, acute congestive heart failure, thrombophlebitis, or an active infection. Do not use the compression sleeves on the legs where the cuffs would interfere with the following conditions: vein ligation, gangrene, dermatitis, open wounds, a new skin graft, massive edema, or extreme deformity of the leg. Do not use with neuropathy. Do not use on extremities that are insensitive to pain. Do not use when increased venous or lymphatic return is undesirable.
Step One: Wrap the compression cuffs around the calf and secure the Velcro to hold the leg sleeve in place.
Step Two: Ensure the leg wraps are snug but not too tight.
Step Three: Press and hold the white power button for one second until the light illuminates on each DonJoy VenaPro unit.
Step Four: Each wrap will inflate once per minute. There will be a humming sound as the compressor works and your legs will be squeezed as the leg cuffs inflate. Some air will escape from the sleeves to allow your legs to stay cool.
Battery Indicator Stages
Stage 1 - GREEN: When unit power is ON and fully operational.
Stage 2 - YELLOW: The yellow LOW BATTERY INDICATOR will REMAIN ILLUMINATED during the pumping time and rest period. At this stage, the battery charger MUST be connected immediately to avoid any interruption in the treatment sessions.
FLASHING YELLOW: If the battery voltage drops below a critical level at any time, while the unit is ON, flashing yellow and audible alarm beeps for 30 seconds. Unless the unit is turned off or connected to charger within that 30 seconds, unit WILL AUTOMATICALLY power OFF.
Stage 3 - RED: When turned off, the compressor battery is charging, the RED LED FLASHES. Once the battery reaches full charge, the RED LED REMAINS SOLID.
Warnings and Precautions
The design of the cuffs is for single patient use only.
- Medical Electrical Equipment needs special precautions
- regarding EMC. Portable and mobile RF Communications
- Equipment can be affected by other Medical Electrical Devices.
- Cuffs used in combination with warming devices may
- cause skin irritation. Regularly check for patent discomfort,
- compliance, and skin irritation.
- To prevent extremity compartment syndrome, pay special attention
- to patients positioned in the supine lithotomy position for extended lengths of time. This individual attention or care includes patients with or without cuffs.
- Do not open or remove covers. No user-serviceable parts are inside the compressor.
- Direct all unit issues to InnovaMed Health.
- If pulsations or throbbing occur, the cuff wraps may be too tight. Loosen Immediately.
- Stop using the Vena Pro if swelling occurs; consult a Physician.
- Use the compression device only as prescribed, and only for its intended use.
- Ensure the pump control unit is turned off and unplugged from the wall outlet before and while cleaning or disinfecting.
- Do not use in the presence of any flammable anesthetic mixture with air, oxygen, or nitrous oxide.
- Do not immerse in any liquid for any reason.
- Do not operate in a wet environment.
- Allow cuffs to warm to room temperature if exposed to temperatures below 5⁰C or (41⁰F).
- Do not subject the unit to extreme shocks, such as dropping the pump.
- This device contains no user-serviceable parts. Contact InnovaMed health Customer Service.
- Do not place any items in an autoclave.
- The operation of this device can be done by the patient.
- No Service is to be attempted while the device is in use.
- This device is NOT to be altered or modified.
Easy To Put ON
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Note: Inspect the unit and follow the cleaning and disinfecting procedures prior to each use.
WARNING: Device must be turned off and disconnected from the wall power outlet before and during cleaning or disinfecting.
DO NOT IMMERSE UNIT IN ANY LIQUID FOR ANY REASON
- Clean the outer surface of the pump unit using a soft cloth, moistened with soapy water or 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Do not use abrasive or volatile cleaners.
- Do not place cuffs in a dryer.
- NEVER remove the compressor unit from the cuff.
- Hand wash the exterior of the cuffs using a soft cloth, moistened with soapy water or 70% isopropyl alcohol and let air dry.
- To ensure the unit IS completely dry before use, leave the unit in the OFF condition and disconnected from the wall outlet for 30 minutes after cleaning or disinfecting