The Solid-Back Foot and Calf Supports, as their names suggest, have solid inserts which are covered with foam for comfort. These devices attach with webbing straps and buckles to the wheelchair leg posts and with hook and loop straps under the foot rests.
The measurements for this device are:
20" total width x 12" total depth x 12" total height
It is importanat to remember that foam and insert account for space; the USABLE space on which the foot can rest is 10.5" and the height is 10.5"
JDM Medical's Solid Back Foot and Calf Pad uses the highest quality materials. This device is designed for the Long Term Care (LTC) industry, and it has excellent longevity. The device is covered in a healthcare grade fabric with the following properties:
- incontinent proof
- cleanable with mild detergent or soap and water
- Flame Resistant (CA TB 117)
- Fluid Repellent
- Cleanable with mild detergent or soap. Rinse with warm water and wipe clean.
- High Resilience Foam
- Made without ozone depleters
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP (”Tris”) flame retardants
- Made without mercury, lead, and other heavy metals
- Made without formaldehyde
- Made without phthalates regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) emissions for indoor air quality (less than 0.5 parts per million)