Why Choose this Monaghan Inhaler Spacer?
The Monaghan Z Stat is a Respiratory Therapy device designed for optimal aerosol medication delivery and consistent dosage intake. It features a valve baffle design and internal anti-static coating. The valve baffle design lengthens aerosol suspension time for consistent medication delivery, while the anti-static finish prevents medications from sticking to its sides to reduce medication loss. Medications are also dispersed steadily and consistently so users can intake a full administered dose with each use. As an added bonus, these items create a whistling sound to alert the user when they are breathing too fast for proper intake. Finally, the low-resistance inhalation valve featured on all AeroChamber Plus Z products makes using them easier, which can be especially beneficial for users who have difficulty breathing deeply. All of these features help reduce patient medication dosage errors, a problem that can be particularly prevalent with children and shallow breathers. Three sizes and both mouthpiece and mask versions are available for purchase.
In addition to these benefits, this item is compatible with virtually all prescribed MDIs. It is compact and portable, which makes storage and travel easy. This product is re-usable for up to a year, so re-purchases and spending is minimized. It is also dishwasher safe and very easy to keep clean and hygienic. This item is BPA, PVC, Phthalate, Led, and Latex-Free for user safety and to prevent negative reactions for users with special sensitivities to these compounds. MDIs is the most commonly prescribed form of aerosol medication device. The Monaghan Z Stat Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber is recommended by MDI manufacturers, the American Association of Respiratory Care, the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, the Global Initiative on Asthma, and many other authoritative organizations whose focus centers around respiratory health. They are also backed by hundreds of scientific studies and are hospital trusted.
Features and Benefits
- Anti-Static Chamber
- Valve Baffle Design
- Low Resistance Inhalation Valve
- More Effective Medication Delivery
- Delivers for Shallow Breathers
- Lengthens Aerosol Suspension
- Promotes Correct Dosage
- Promotes Consistent Drug Dispersal
- Whistles if User is Breathing too Fast
- Reduces Instances of Re-Breathing
- Designed to Limit User Error
- Compatible with Prescribed MDIs
- Single Patient Use
- Small and Portable
- Reusable for Up to a Year
- Easy to Clean
- Dishwasher Safe
- BPA, PVC, Lead, Phthalate-Free
- Clinically Tested
- Backed by Scientific Study
- MDI Manufacturer Recommended
- Hospital Trusted
- Made in the USA
Who Would Find the AeroChamber Plus Z STAT aVHC Useful?
Users with respiratory conditions such as the following may find this product useful:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Seasonal Allergies
How Does the Monaghan Z Stat Valved Holding Chamber Work?
Valved holding chambers are a type of Spacer Inhaler that features one-way mouthpiece valves. The spacer aspect of this item creates space between the inhaler and the user's mouth. This helps prevent the aerosol medication from concentrating into a harsh spray and instead disperses it as a mist that is more easily accepted into the lungs. The added benefit of the one-way valve retains the aerosol medication so the user can take fuller, longer, and deeper breaths with each inhalation. Combined, these features benefit the user by enabling them to receive the full medication dose and all of the benefits that accompany it.
AeroChamber Valved Holding Chamber Instructions
Note: Read the full set of packaged instructions before the use and cleaning of this product. Never boil this device.
How to Use the AeroChamber Plus Z Stat Valved Holding Chamber
- Take the mouthpiece and MDI caps off of the device.
- Shake the inhaler well.
- Insert the inhaler into the chamber's back piece.
- Apply the mask or mouthpiece to the face. If using a mask, make sure an effective seal is created between the mask and the face
- Press down on the the mask and inhale deeply and slowly. Hold the breath for five to ten secondays. Alternatively, if a user cannot take deep and slow breath and hold their breath, they can instead breath two to three times as slowly as their body allows.
- If a whistling sound is heard, slow down inhalation.
- Repeat steps two through five as many times as prescribed.
How to Clean the Aerochamber Plus Z Stat By Hand
- Assess the product for missing parts or damage. Do not use the product if either of these things exist.
- Twist and remove the back piece while holding the rubber part of the device. Leave the mask in tact.
- Use a liquid dish soap and lukewarm water solution to soak the device for at least 15 minutes.
- Gently agitate after it has soaked.
- Rinse the device off with water.
- Shake out any residual water and set it upright to air dry it at a vertical angle.
- When the device is completely dry, reassemble its parts.
How to Wash in the Dishwasher
- Follow steps one through three above.
- Place the device in an upright, vertical position on the top rack of the dishwasher. Ensure that it won't fall over as it is being washed.
- Read the follow the additional dishwasher instructions packaged with this product and complete the process.
- Read and follow the manufacturer's complete set of instructions that come packaged with the product before use.
- Only use when prescribed and under a doctor's supervision. Seek instruction and advice from a certified health care professional for use guidance when needed.
- Never leave children alone with this product. Store in a safe place where they can not retrieve it.
- Replace immediately if the device becomes damaged or parts are lost.
- To prevent damage, do not take the pieces apart other than as instructed by the manufacturer for cleaning.
- Respironics Personal Best Flow Meter: A lung capacity measuring device that comes in both low and full range versions so users at any range can find the right flow range for their needs.
- Zyrtec: Effective allergy-combating tablets for better breathing.
- Salter Labs InspiraChamber: An antistatic valved holding chamber with a lower inspiratory air flow rate compared to other big brand aVHC devices.
- OptiChamber Diamond: An antistatic asthma spacer by Phillips Respironics. This item is designed for use with MDI inhalers and that can be used with a variety of masks.
- Monaghan AeroChamber: A more basic version of the AeroChamber. This original version is extra cost-effective but does not include enhanced MDI aerosol formulation interface features.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should an AeroChamber be washed?
Particles accumulate around the flow indicator valve. Due to this fact, the flow indicator valve needs to be cleaned at least once a week. The mouthpiece also needs to be cleaned once a week.
How often should an AeroChamber be replaced?
This product should be replaced after 12 months of use.
Is an AeroChamber a spacer?
Yes, valved holding chambers such as the AeroChamber, are a type of spacer.
What is the difference between a spacer and a holding chamber?
Valved holding chambers not only put space between medications and the mouth, it also holds the medicine in place so users can inhale deeply.
Is a prescription needed for an Aerochamber?
Yes, this items are available only by prescription.
- Application: Respiratory Therapy
- Type: Spacer Inhaler Nebulizer
- Style: Anti-Static Valved Holding Chamber
- Diswasher Safe: Yes
- Latex-Free: Yes
- Made in the USA