Patients can sit comfortably in the chair while being pushed to the next location, with flip-up footrests and a cushion included.
Patients can also be wheeled over a toilet to allow them to discharge their bowels directly into the toilet bowl. This is much more hygienic and convenient for the caregiver compared with traditional commodes. The transfer chair is water proof, so patients can also shower while seated on the chair, immediately after passing motion.
- Wheels come with individual brakes for safety while transferring.
- Seat height is adjustable to suit the bed, chair or toilet, whichever is highest.
- Double-locking system to prevent chair from opening accidentally.
- Cushion provided for comfortable seating over longer periods of time.
- Weight capacity of 275 lbs
- Wheels are silent, suitable for use in quiet places like hospitals.
- Comes with bracket for holding IV pole.
- When there is slight differential in height between the transfer aid and the bed or chair, patients may need to grab the handle bars and lift themselves slightly in order for the seat plates to open or close.
- Therefore, some effort is still needed by the patient. It may not be suitable for those who are completely paralyzed or extremely weak.
- Height adjustment must never be done while patient is still on the chair.
- Even though a commode pail and pail holder is provided, they should not be used unless necessary, as they block the patient from getting on or off the seat.
Transfer Chair Specifications
|Overall Dimensions||28 inch (L) x 19 inch (W) x 38 inch (H)|
|Seat Size||19 inch (W) x 15 inch (D)|
|Seat-to-Floor Height||44 cm to 62 cm, adjustable in 2 cm increments|
|Cushion Thickness||5 cm|
|Front Wheel Diameter||5 inch|
|Rear Wheel Diameter||3 inch|
|Loading Capacity||275 lbs|
|Net Weight||40 lbs|