Elastic Ankle Support Sleeve for Cheerleaders, Dancers, and Gymnasts
The elastic foot and ankle brace provides maximum support and compression to help prevent pain you may be experiencing post-injury and prevent any future injuries. This soft ankle brace gives two different degrees of tension to the foot and ankle in just one piece of elastic material, making it the best choice for you if you are looking for a simple bandage to help with your injury or recovery process.
Made of medical-grade elastic, this gymnast ankle sleeve is built to last longer than standard, retail-grade supports found at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, or Target. The flexible fabric retains your weak ankle’s range of motion without ever slipping off. This tan slip-on ankle support sleeve is very thin making it easy to fit in a shoe for maximum support and protection when participating in yoga, cheerleading, dance, or gymnastics. The compression provided reduces swelling and improves circulation, resulting in a faster recovery. By comfortably wrapping around the foot and ankle, the ankle bandage makes it easy to wear for long periods of time. Open heel & ball of the foot allows for a natural grip on the floor, which we know can be a necessity at times when participating in yoga, gymnastics, cheerleading, or dance.
This soft ankle brace will be useful with the pain felt through ankle sprains, tendonitis in foot or ankle, arthritis in foot or ankle, chronic foot or ankle pain, swelling in the foot or ankle and, or the healing of stress fractures. We know that if you participate in gymnastics, dance, cheerleading, or other sports, you are likely putting a great amount of pressure on your feet and ankles during your activity. By wearing a brace in place of constantly taping your ankle, that pressure that your body is putting on your feet and ankles can be reduced with one singular, washable piece of material. BraceAbility offers the most simple elastic wrap and many other ankle and foot braces for those who deal with:
- Ankle sprains
- Tendon injuries
- or other foot and ankle problems in their life.
What Should Post-Ankle or Foot Injury Recovery Look Like?
Gymnastics, cheerleading, yoga, and dance are just a few of the many athletic activities you can be hurt while doing. Most of those injuries are caused by overuse, repetitive strain, and inflammation. This inflammation causes pain, stiffness, and can lead to chronic injuries. We want to help you ache less and feel better.
RICE is a go-to treatment for most injuries, including ankle or foot strains and sprains. The acronym RICE stands for rest, ice, compression, elevation. This treatment method is generally recommended with the goal of reducing the inflammation and swelling that coexist with injuries, ultimately allowing you to heal faster so you can get back to life.
Resting your foot and ankle is key for healing, and wearing a brace can help stabilize and take pressure off the injured area. This athletic ankle wrap can help you prevent or ease the pain of an injury. Whether you are walking, running, or participating in gymnastics, dance, soccer, or cheerleading, this simple ankle sleeve effectively supports your ankle, foot, and arch.
Using an ice pack helps reduce blood flow to an injury, easing pain and swelling. The ice pack should not be applied directly to your skin. Instead, try wrapping it in a towel first.
Compression helps stabilize your injured joint and may also contribute to swelling reduction. In addition to helping your foot and, or ankle rest, this elastic ankle sleeve for kids, teens, and adult men or women applies targeted therapeutic compression.
Use this sleeve post-injury to provide constant, comfortable, and adjustable pressure to your ankle or foot. The flexible ankle brace compresses and supports your ankle, helping prevent injuries like overstretching or tearing ligaments and tendons, spraining your ankle, and preventing swelling after extravagant use. Wear this ankle sleeve to protect your ankle while being just as mobile during sports as you were before the injury.
Take advantage of gravity as part of the RICE ankle and foot injury treatment. Keeping your injured foot above your heart helps reduce swelling by allowing extra fluid to drain. While sitting down or icing your injured foot, make sure to elevate it with pillows.
BraceAbility offers a wide variety of ankle and foot braces, as well as many other orthopedic braces for conditions that may be caused due to playing sports or being active. Check out our full selection of ankle braces for more options.
Key Features of This Elastic Foot and Ankle Sleeve
Comfortable Fit for Either Foot
Ankle and foot injuries are very common, especially within cheerleading, gymnastics, and dance. This ankle sleeve is easy to use interchangeably on either your left or right foot comfortably.
We know that gymnasts, dancers, and cheerleaders will need to use this ankle support sleeve, even in front of an audience at games, meets, or competitions. The thin ankle and foot support sleeve is beige-colored, allowing you to wear it for any occasion without it being noticeable. Constructed with a durable, machine-washable blend and a strong fastener system, this nude ankle sleeve is designed to be discreetly worn beneath your shoes for all-day relief. The latex-free blend will not slip, twist, or slide for a comfortable fit throughout daily activities.
Two Degrees of Tension Provide Maximum Compression and Support
Gentle compression pushes extra swelling away from the ankle. With two degrees of tension on the foot and ankle, the compression is allowed to support the resistance from further injury and rolling. Providing continuous compression on your ankle, this sleeve will keep critical muscles warm, work to prevent injuries, and promote active recoveries.
Simple Slip-On Application
You can apply this ankle/foot sleeve just like you would a sock. To apply, find the slightly bigger opening on the end of the ankle sleeve. Slip-on the sleeve to the affected foot and pull up until the heel is placed in the middle opening. Similar to our Elastic Ankle Sleeve, an ACE brand elastic bandage applies gentle compression around an injury, provides support to the injured area, and helps reduce swelling. However, ACE bandages lack the convenience of an elastic ankle sleeve. Instead of repeatedly wrapping and unwrapping a bandage, save yourself the hassle and simply slip-on this brace for easy and quick support on-the-go. For maximum compression, it is important to make sure the sleeve is tight to the ankle.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Elastic Ankle Brace for Gymnastics, Dance & Cheerleading
- What conditions/injuries does this elastic ankle brace treat? This elastic ankle sleeve can help with many conditions and injuries such as:
- Ankle sprains
- Tendonitis in foot or ankle
- Arthritis in foot or ankle
- Chronic foot or ankle pain
- Swelling in the foot or ankle
- Healing of stress fractures
- Poor circulation
- How does it work? The elastic foot and ankle bandage provides maximum support and compression to help prevent pain and injuries. An ankle support that gives two different degrees of tension to the foot and ankle in just one piece of elastic material is the right fit if you are looking for a simple bandage to help with your injury. We suggest you consider using this ankle sleeve post-injury to provide constant, comfortable, and adjustable pressure to your ankle or foot.
- When should I wear it? It will depend on the reasoning behind you wearing it. If you are using your ankle brace as a preventative device, then you will want to wear your brace while performing any activity that exposes your ankle to any quick, side-to-side movements. If you are using your ankle brace as a rehabilitative or treatment device you should wear your brace while performing any daily activities to provide more stability and prevent re-injury.
- What is it made of? This athletic ankle sleeve is made of latex-free, breathable material that will enhance air circulation to ensure that your foot remains dry, cool, and stink-free. The elastic material also makes it easy to slip on and adjust its placement once on the foot
- Who can wear this brace? Great for any teen to adult women or men, as well as some kids, who need ankle support assistance. It can greatly improve your quality of life, allowing you to recover safely and continue your activities.
- What size should I buy? This slip-on ankle brace comes in a range of sizes from XS - 2XL. Choose your size by the following chart in correspondence with your shoe size for the best fit.
- How do I put it on? To apply, find the slightly bigger opening on the end of the ankle sleeve. Slip-on the sleeve to the affected foot and pull up until the heel is placed in the middle opening (sizing tag will be by your toes). For maximum compression, make sure the sleeve is tight to the ankle.
- Can I wear it on either foot? Absolutely! This slip-on ankle brace can fit either your right or left foot.
- Washing Instructions: Hand wash in warm water with mild detergent. Allow brace to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not use high temperatures to wash or dry.
- Color: Beige