Considerations when utilizing Anti-Hammocking Cushions or Wedges:
1. The Anti-Hammocking bottom is convex to eliminate the hammocking effect of a sling-bottom wheelchair.
2. The convex bottom allows the patient to sit lower than if they were seated on a solid- insert equivalent.
3. The removal of the solid insert in conjunction with adding Visco layering increases comfort
without substantially increasing height. Example: A 4-inch cushion with 2 inches of Visco and 2 inches of HR Foam will sit like a
2 1/2-inch cushion.
4. All of JDM’s Anti-Hammocking Cushions have Velcro strapping to prevent the cushions from twisting and sliding.
5. All of JDM’s Anti-Hammocking Cushions have a rubberized anti-skid bottomto further prevent the cushion from sliding, as well as to prevent the wheelchair’s upholstery tubing from “rubbing” into the fabric.
6. A cushion or wedge may be modified to accommodate many of the problems found in long-term care. Please email email@example.com for assistance in quoting resident specific products.