The G.I.V.E. Elite Waterfall cushion is constructed with G.I.V.E. PLUS foam: G.I.V.E stands for Gel Infused Visco Elastic and it is our highest quality of pressure redistributing visco foam which is used only on cushions with the GE or TCE feature code or by special order. It is a dense foam that provides the best possible absorption of vibration and shock, best pressure redistribution, and possesses the following additional advantages that are unique to G.I.V.E. PLUS:
- The use of different substrates and superior visco allows for a low profile cushion that can withstand up to 350 lbs. at only 2" thick
- Reduces shear by giving in the direction of body movement
- Remains cool for an extended period of time, helping to reduce skin temperature
- Does not become overly firm in cold temperatures
- Does not become overly soft in hot temperatures
- Made from 50% renewable resources
This cushion also features a waterfall front. A special glue is used to ensure the top layer of foam correctly conforms to the curved waterfall shape at the front of the cushion and will not lose its shape over time. The waterfall front offers the following benefits:
- Reduces pressure on the back of the thigh which helps to prevent skin breakdown
- Allows for the patients legs to reach the floor at a more comfortable level.
- Below is a pressure mapping image for or waterfall Elite cushion.